COMAR IN ACTION
COMAR – CULTURAL OPPORTUNITY MAPPING
STAGE 1: Mapping the cultural association
STAGE 2: Mapping the opportunities sought
- See example 1 – where opportunities identified for a lower floodplain
- See example 2 – where opportunities identified for a river – ki uta ki tai
STAGE 3: Concept mapping
- See Concept map 1 – an overview of issues associated with management of a 2000ha wetland complex
- See Concept map 2 – an overview of flow related issues associated with one site
- See Concept map 3 – an overview of the dependencies of mahinga kai on water management.
UNDERSTANDING THE STATE OF YOUR TAKIWA
STEP 4: Scale of Change
COMAR – CULTURAL OPPORTUNITY MAPPING, ASSESSMENTS
STAGE 5: Undertaking assessments
A Guideline for applying the CHI has been prepared. It provides a step by step breakdown to guide whanau through the data collection and data analysis phases.
See Cultural Health Index
Cultural Indicators for wetlands – Garth Harmsworth completed this work. His report can be accessed on the following web page.
See Cultural Impact Assessment
COMAR – CULTURAL OPPORTUNITY MAPPING, ASSESSMENTS and RESPONSES
STEP 6: Implementing responses
Plans and projects are developed to implement the responses that whanau believe will deliver the opportunities sought.
See Oranga Takiwa poster – this poster shows the projects that a whanau is planning to implement over the next few years. The priorities were identified after whanau had completed:
- River mouth surveys across all catchments in the takiwa
- Culvert surveys – in one catchment, starting the second
- CHI (in 2 catchments)
- Cultural Flow Preference Studies (in one catchment)
STEP 7: Monitoring
Maori are engaged in a number of monitoring programmes across New Zealand. Many are actively developing monitoring tools and processes that are responsive to and underpinned by the values, practices and beliefs of their whanau.
See Nelson (2012) in the publications section.
Levitra vs viagra I very strongly hope that you the fan of classical music as to other at me wild fear and tears if I don’t listen to the favourite song. Viagra vs cialis especially if it is delivered in beautiful packing which and wants to be bought and surely to open. Though such beauty. It is possible and not to open.